Feb. 4th, 2009 Moving right along 37 weeks 5 days

Had another doctor's apt. yesterday. I met with one of the two midwives (Mindi) that will be delivering my baby for only the 2nd time. My appointments have all landed on one midwife's schedule and the other times I was supposed to meet with Mindi, she was at the hospital delivering a baby. I told her it was nice to get to see her again verses the next meeting being in the delivery room!

My weight gain has been steadily increasing over the past 2 weeks. I hit the 20lb mark last week and then gained another two pounds this past week! I can feel it in the belly. I'm at work and everyone's telling me my scrubs aren't gonna fit much longer. I told them it's not worth buying anything new now that I've only got one more night left.

She asked if I wanted her to check me and I told her I was anxious to know if I had progressed any. Last week I forgot to mention the baby's station (for those who want to know!)...he was at -2 last week and is now at -1 (lower into my pelvis). I guess last week I was barely dialated to 2cm but this week she said I'm a strong 2cm dialated and now 90% effaced (I was only 80% a week ago). She congratulated me on moving right along. "Melissa, we'll either see you again here in the office or at the hospital!" Of course, things could happen quickly or they could just keep progressing like they have week by week. I'll take it a day at a time. All this craziness at work and being up all night just might put me into labor though!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jan. 25th, 2010 Not long before he'll be running!

March 25th, 2009 First SMILE! 1 month, 2 weeks, 4 days

Oct. 6th, 2008 We're having a... 20 weeks 5 days