Feb. 23rd 2009 Getting to know my son 2 weeks 2 days



Here are some things I've gotten to know about my son over the past couple weeks:

*He's growing a small pigmented spot below his nose...possible his first freckle?...a birthmark?

*He loves his right hand! Whether it be sucking on all his fingers (Dad's hoping he doesn't become a thumb sucker!)or just playing with the rest of his face, it's always up and active (the culprit of not getting a very good 3D ultrasound picture!). Even when he's sleeping it's usually by his face. The left one only get's real active when he's upset! (My philosophy is that his left arm must have been pinned down when he was inside of me)

*He loves to be held close-face against chest...unless he's really upset.

*He's very attentive. He'll follow with his eyes and turn his head in the direction of any loud sound or voices.

*He's got passing gas down! He's even woke me up in the middle of the night with one of his farts! What a man!

Yes, he's still got his days/nights turned around. I was talking to someone the other day and told them "Every mother seems to say that their baby had their days/nights mixed up. Is there any baby that comes out of the womb with it straight?! Must be God's way of introducing a mom to motherhood-a true sacrifice of your time, including your sleep." (o:

Overall, William is a very good baby. We've been blessed with his great health-I couldn't ask for more!

Comments

That pigmented spot could be a hemangioma- it's basically blood vessels. Logan has a couple, and I think they started forming around William's age. I at first wondered if it was MRSA since we're around it so much- haha!! I was very relieved when I found out it wasn't. : )

Popular posts from this blog

Jan. 25th, 2010 Not long before he'll be running!

March 25th, 2009 First SMILE! 1 month, 2 weeks, 4 days

A Bountiful Harvest