Scattered Joy

Just yesterday, Calvin and I were talking over the questions on a mailer he received from his "Mailbox Club" regarding creation.  We were talking about how God created us from the dust of the earth.  I could tell he was really thinking about this.  It was hard for his little mind to grasp that Adam was formed from dirt, and that when we die, our bodies return to just the same.

A few weeks ago, Grandma Marsha was talking about how her and Bruce had gotten arrangements together for their cremation and had even received their urns to collect their ashes.  I remember talking briefly about spreading ashes and asking her when she wanted her spread.  Although I don't remember him being a part of it, Calvin must have overheard the conversation.

This morning, random and out of the blue (Calvin style), Calvin says, "Mom!  I want my joy to be spread in lots of places!"  At first I didn't get it.  He was so excited when he said it, like he had had a sudden epiphany.  When I asked him what it meant, he said, "You know, since there's joy in my heart, I want the ashes from my heart when I die spread all over so my joy can be everywhere!"

Oh man.  I just stood still and smiled for a minute.
He gets it.
I never would've even thought about it like that, but I could tell he had been thinking about it ever since our conversation yesterday.

Just another one of those sweet Calvinisms that was a must record (o;

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jan. 25th, 2010 Not long before he'll be running!

A Bountiful Harvest

March 25th, 2009 First SMILE! 1 month, 2 weeks, 4 days