May 9th-13th, 2012 WINEMA!

This was our second annual trip to WINEMA with our church for Family Camp. I grew up attending WINEMA for church camp every summer from 3rd grade until I was a Senior in High School. And although the camp has changed quite a bit since I was there as a child, it still holds many great memories. Curtis offered his tree cutting services to the camp the first two days we were there. With the # of trees they've got around the place, I think he'll stay busy for the next 20yrs if he helps them out each time we go! We stayed in a cabin this year next to a couple other families which made it fun. Right outside our door, within viewing distance, a boys heaven...a large sand dune! I think William, Calvin and I spent close to 2hrs there every morning, no joke. We had taken a dump truck and a tractor and with all the other little boys running around, there was always fun to be had! One little boy...One big dune.
He was so serious about digging this hole..I asked him where he was digging and he told me, "I don't know. Down to the ground."
When I asked William if he was getting tired, he replied, "Nope. I fine Mom"... With as many times as he climbed up and down the dune, I knew he HAD to be tired! Tell me if this picture doesn't prove it...? He's literally laying down while he plays with his dump truck (o;
Here's little man...Hanging out on Mama's lap watching brother play. This is what we wear at the Coast: a sun hat and our winter jacket (o;
We had a lot of fun with the Leischner family. They have three boys, the youngest of which was born just two days after Calvin. Their older boys are Josef who's 5 and Tomas who's 3 (just 4 months older than William)-such fun playmates! Here's 4 of the 5 boys having story time with Dana (Calvin was asleep at this point I believe)
Here's Dana and I with our littles...Isaak and Calvin (6 months old!)
The highlight of this trip, which William talked about for awhile before we had even left home, was the opportunity to fly his kite! Who would have thought that we'd have such nice weather that half the time the weather wasn't even windy enough to fly it?!?! They managed to get them in the air a few times. Here's Dad and William, flying together.
Another highlight (and a surprise to both Curtis and I) was that William was the only one who actually wanted to go down the water slide into the lake. He didn't even bat an eyelash (which, for Mr. Shy, was quite brave!). And once he and Dad went down once, I don't think they stopped until they had been down probably six times...despite how cold it was.
He was shivering pretty good by the time he was done (o; All in all, great fun was had. I honestly don't think I've ever seen the weather so nice at the Oregon Coast. A couple of the days in the mid 70's and not enough wind to fly a kite! Great weather and a neat opportunity to meet other people we only see for a few minutes each Sunday at church. We're already looking forward to next year! Hoping to make this a family tradition...
(yeah, so there were many pictures taken of the four of us. This is just how 3yr olds pose for all pictures-by hiding their face)

Comments

That sounds like sooo much fun! I love the family picture- so typical! : )

Popular posts from this blog

Jan. 25th, 2010 Not long before he'll be running!

March 25th, 2009 First SMILE! 1 month, 2 weeks, 4 days

A Bountiful Harvest