May 8th, 2012 Half a year has passed already...

It's been 6 months since we welcomed Mr. Calvin into this world. Looking back at pictures, even just a few months ago, he's changed so much. He's gotten comments on his chubby cheeks from day #1 and they just continue to draw my kisses to his face. Good thing they're not edible...I'd eat 'em up (o; What an amazingly cute little boy you're turning into Calvin. I'm writing this a week or so after your official 6 month mark, so I could write down a few more things... You can't quite roll over yet, but you're pretty close to sitting up! I still have to guard you on each side, but you lean forward and reach for things in front of you like a pro. You love sitting up and watching William run around like a wild man. Won't be long before you WILL be able to get up and chase him!
Everything...in...the...mouth. Not that I had forgotten this stage, but it still amazed me how quickly, once you found your hands and feet, that everything else became subjected to your mouth.
Speaking of eating, you seem to be following the same course as William. I got excited at the prospect of trying new foods, seeing what you liked, what you didn't, hoping that you wouldn't just stick your tongue out at me as if to say, "What kinda yuck is this!?" Well, so far you've boohooed rice cereal, taken 3 bites of sweet potato (that you actually swallowed!), spit out pear sauce (with an absolutely hilarious look on your face I might add) and only fallen in love with one thing...gnawing on slices of apple, carrot and celery (which makes the ultimate of all slobbery messes, but I love it). Look at that concentration...It's hard work learning to eat!
This was your first ever try at anything other than milk. I did the same with William. Only thing different was that it was August when William turned 6mo old and I just dug a carrot out of my garden... Calvin: May 8th, 2012
William: August 7th, 2009
(You've got so much more hair than William did!) So, we'll see how it goes. I read a book called "Baby Led Weaning" that helped my transition William straight from breast to solids since he wasn't too fond of mush. I have to say, it was a lot less work on my part (I was planning on making my own baby food), but only time will tell. You weigh 20 1/2lb (89th percentile), so I don't think we need to be worried about keeping up your caloric intake (o; (I might add that we're out of the 6/9 month clothes and transitioning from 9month to 12 month clothes...already! It's amazing me how quickly you are growing Calvin!) We love our Mr. C. Yes, you can be challenging at times (you can sure work up and belt out a cry that I never remember William being able to do!), but all you have to do is flash that absolutely adorable smile at me and I melt. It's so fun to watch you begin to interact with us. We're working on more of a schedule with your naps during the day of which you seem to be catching on to. And you're not too shabby with your sleeping at night too. Mom's excited-There is hope for sleep once again! I had to add this one... Calvin's already trying to grab his brother's hair (o; And William thinks it's cute now...

Comments

He is sooo cute!! I can't believe he already weighs 20 pounds!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Jan. 25th, 2010 Not long before he'll be running!

March 25th, 2009 First SMILE! 1 month, 2 weeks, 4 days

A Bountiful Harvest