May 27th, 2010 Growing like a seed

I'm heavy into gardening...Many afternoons spent outside, digging in the dirt, planting. I absolutely love it. There's something about the joy that I get when I push a tiny seed into the ground and later get to see it push through the soil and become a luscious fruit or vegetable.

I went out today to find the first of what will soon become my pumpkin patch. As a reached down to brush away some of the dirt from it's leaves, a tiny little seedling had poked through. God spoke to me at that moment. There are so many correlations to God's creation and what he speaks to our lives. I thought of my son. How he is just like that little seedling. The tiny green leaves don't reveal yet what the plant will become. Only the gardener knows what seed was planted. My little William has sprouted. He's pushed through the soil. And with the tender care a seedling needs, he will grow. And he'll grow and grow and grow until one day I will be able to see what God has purposed for his life. It takes patience, and there are obstacles to overcome. So, I will wait. And with anticipation, I'll love every minute of the growing process.


My tiny little "Jack be Little" pumpkin sprout

Comments

Andrea said…
You were created to be a master gardener. It is evident in your care and concern for your family as well as others. Blessed be you sweet woman as you cultivate and care for your sweet boy and the man he will become because of that care.

Popular posts from this blog

Jan. 25th, 2010 Not long before he'll be running!

A Bountiful Harvest

March 25th, 2009 First SMILE! 1 month, 2 weeks, 4 days