Feb. 22nd-March 2nd Traveling South...

It was time for a trip down South to see my family. Tauna was home from Brazil and we were hoping to have the entire family together to fulfill Mom and Dad's Christmas present-family pictures. We didn't think my brother Chris and his family were going to make it, but they surprised us and made the trip from Georgia (a 36hr drive!)!!! We had my ENTIRE family together...Something that likely won't happen again in the near future (although I wouldn't be against it if it did). We DID get family pictures and I'm told the c.d. is in the mail, on it's way here as I type. Can't wait to see them!

On our way down, we stopped in L.A. to visit my Grandma. What a sweet visit. We were so glad it worked out to get to spend some time with her. Thank you Grandma for housing us for the night-It made the 2hr drive the next day to mom and dad's a piece of cake!

I think I'll treasure this picture for a lifetime...Precious is the word that comes to mind. I'm sending you a copy in the mail Grandma!


Grandma Kim held a little birthday party for William while we were down there. Being so far away, they haven't gotten to participate in any of William's parties. It was fun to get to celebrate all over with them (o:


Here William is holding tight to his Curious George balloon. If you read the previous post, you'll recall the tragic loss of the balloon we had gotten for him for his birthday. My mom decided to surprise him with another one...Little did she know that it was the exact balloon that he lost. We had to do some explaining... Apparently God decided to send it down to Grandma and Grandpas house so that he could play with it again (o;


Calvin giving Aunt Amber some smiles (o:


Grandma and her grandkids


Sisters...Oh how I miss these two lovelies


Calvin, just enjoying breakfast with Grandma (the little Sassy Seat that he's "sitting" in-with a little help from blankets-has been around since I was a wee one)


At the R.H. Fleet Science Center...Enjoying the fun of science with Grandma, Uncle Mar and friends Lexi and Hailey Gregor!


It was so good to see you Jenna!


Story time with cousin Khyleigh


I'm so glad they got some time to play together...Won't be long before Calvin's joining right in.




Such a cute little Family...Chris, Amber and Khyleigh before heading back to Georgia.


Grandma's always have the touch...


The day we left...Even though the boy's eyes are closed, I just love this one


William helping Grandpa pick oranges to take home with us.


On our way back home...We decided to try driving through the night...the only way to go with two little ones and an 18hr drive ahead of you. Here Calvin's taking a rest from the car seat (o;


Stretched out, watchin' a little Curious George...


As hard as it is for me to leave (because I enjoy the time with family so much), it's always good to be back home. I keep holding out hope that we will be closer than an 18hr drive someday (I know, a plane ride is much less painful to endure time wise, but not necessarily on pocketbook with three tickets to purchase now!). Until then, our visits will be that much sweeter a memory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jan. 25th, 2010 Not long before he'll be running!

March 25th, 2009 First SMILE! 1 month, 2 weeks, 4 days

Oct. 6th, 2008 We're having a... 20 weeks 5 days