Oct. 20th, 2011 The art of canning

I enjoy the process of taking what we've grown in the garden and filling my canning cupboard. This year it's become so full, I've had to venture out into my freezer space and start storing some of my applesauce there! Not only did William get to help plant the garden this year, he also became quite the Master at helping preserve it!

Here he is helping me with the apple press (recognize this lovely piece of machinery Mom?)...




And the apple peeler/slicer- he LOVES this one!


And I think he would deem this one the most fun of all the duties, testing the jam!


And we've still got a bucket of apples sitting in the kitchen to use...Here comes more apple pie filling and sauce! Gotta get it all in before "baby brudder" decides to come!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jan. 25th, 2010 Not long before he'll be running!

March 25th, 2009 First SMILE! 1 month, 2 weeks, 4 days

A Bountiful Harvest