March 25th, 2009 First SMILE! 1 month, 2 weeks, 4 days







William has given us a few "for real" smiles over the last couple days. Not the ones that come across his face while he's sleeping (from either gas or a dream about his mamma's milk), but the ones that tell us he's starting to focus and respond more to our voices.

I was at home alone when he did it for the first time. He fixed his gaze on me while I was talking to him and smiling at him and after he looked like he was thinking about it for awhile, he did it...he smiled! It made me so happy inside and I had no one to share it with-not even a picture to prove it! It's neat how something so little can be something so BIG. Since then he's charmed dad with his smile. I finally caught some on the camera today. He gets all excited and starts moving around a lot so some have some blurry hands in them. His head is a bit cut off as I was taking the pictures myself and didn't realize it until he was done smiling. You can still see how cute he is though!

Comments

Isn't it the best when they smile at you? It just warms your heart and makes all of the late nights, poop, and spit up worth it!
Holly said…
Hi Melissa,

I love the updates and photos of William. Enjoy your maternity leave. I will see you when you return. Holly

Popular posts from this blog

Jan. 25th, 2010 Not long before he'll be running!

A Bountiful Harvest