July 22, 2008 A new Midwife... 9 weeks 5 days

Going on 10 weeks now and the past couple of days haven't been too bad as far as the nausea is concerned. I had my first appointment with my new midwife Christine Weinmeister here in Silverton. There's a couple midwives in the office that I'll see depending on who's on call to deliver at the hospital. The office is right across the street from the hospital which is convenient.

We went through my family history and then she did a physical exam. She could feel my uterus and decided to try finding the baby's heartbeat with the doppler (I was so used to finding patient's pulses with a doppler at work...I never expected it to be used to find my baby's heartbeat!). She told me not to be alarmed if she couldn't find it as it was usually hard until about week 12. Too late, I already had my hopes up (o: It took her awhile, but we both heard my baby's strong heartbeat! Of course, dad wasn't there again and if I would've known I was going to get the chance to hear the heartbeat again I would have timed the appointment so that he could have been there.

There is a feeling inside of me that words cannot describe. Thank you God that all is going well and that our baby is healthy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jan. 25th, 2010 Not long before he'll be running!

March 25th, 2009 First SMILE! 1 month, 2 weeks, 4 days

A Bountiful Harvest