Dec. 5th, 2011 Remembering Uncle Curtis...

My uncle Curtis (Dad's youngest brother) recently passed away in a motorcycle accident. It was a sudden death...no time to say goodbye. I decided to take the two boys down south to be with my family during this time. I didn't go for myself, although I was very thankful to have been there. I went for the joy that children can bring to tragedy. I knew that, despite the heavy emotion, William's giggle and laugh could make anyone smile. And that holding Calvin would be a reminder, despite death's inevitability, of the precious "life" we get to experience.

Auntie Hermila and Calvin


Cousin Nicholas (Curtis' eldest)


Cousins Nicholas and Sara (Curtis' 2nd eldest)


Cousins Sara and Emily (Curtis' 2nd to youngest)...I'm pretty sure William left a puddle of drool on Emily's shoulder after he woke up.


All us goofy cousins...


The Pile Family...Grandpa and Curtis together in heaven

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jan. 25th, 2010 Not long before he'll be running!

March 25th, 2009 First SMILE! 1 month, 2 weeks, 4 days

A Bountiful Harvest