Dec. 12th, 2011 Famous "Williamisms"

Now that our little William isn't so "little" anymore, he entertains us with his ever growing vocabulary. Most of the time, you don't have to wonder what he's thinking. And just when you think he doesn't get it or isn't listening, you're suprised and caught off guard at the next thing he says. Here's some of the latest William sayings...

While buckled in his car seat, Curtis pulled the car up to our doctor's office to pick me up after our apt.. Randomly, Curtis and Grandpa (in the car as well) tell me that William, all on his own while watching me walk towards the car, said "Mama is so cute." Don't think I'm forgetting that one anytime soon...Now, if he keeps telling ME this and not all the cute little girls he's around... (o:

I positioned William so that he would be able to see our Christmas lights come on when I went and plugged them in. As soon as they came on, he comments "Woooah!! That's so cool!" (First time something's been "cool")...I laughed at his sweetness.

Just recently we flew down to California to be with my family as they celebrated the life of my Uncle Curtis who died in a motorcycle accident. William was perplexed by the conversation as he knew his Daddy's name was Curtis too. After we straightened it out in his mind that Daddy hadn't died and it was Mommy's Uncle Curtis, he asks me "Mama, Uncle Curtis happy?" "Yes, William Uncle Curtis is happy now because he's in heaven." He just sat there with the most content smile on his face...I don't know how many times since then he's told me that Uncle Curtis is happy because he's in heaven...

Lately, when I'm trying to be consistent in my disciplining, William has made it extremely difficult to not just bust out laughing. If he senses the slightest bit of frustration on my part he'll ask me "Mama, you happy?!" (mind you, with a tone that's all giddy and excited)...I have to try REALLY hard to tell him that I'm not happy without cracking a smile because he's so stinkin' cute at that moment. And sometimes, I don't succeed and we both end up giggling uncontrollably. Hopefully some of my discipline proves effective (o:

When William is working on something and comes to a point where he can't do whatever he's trying to do, he started giving this little frustrated scream-all in an effort to get someone to pay attention, come over and help him. I put the kibosh on it quick. I told him that when he got frustrated he needed, instead of screaming, ask Mama or Daddy for help. So, what do I hear the next time he gets frustrated?..."Mama!!! I need help!"...followed by the scream. I guess we'll chalk it up to the fact that he's learning (o:

And here he is...the great big brother that he is.


Now, just wait till I type up a blog post on our recent ventures in potty training!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jan. 25th, 2010 Not long before he'll be running!

March 25th, 2009 First SMILE! 1 month, 2 weeks, 4 days

A Bountiful Harvest