May 8th, Mom's first day back at work...

I have to say, leaving William to go to work for the first time since he was born was one of the hardest things I've had to do in awhile. There's these strings inside a mom that just pull (hard!) when you leave them. I am so very thankful that I will only have to work 2 nights a month (just enough to keep my license).
Once I got to work, I realized how much fun I have when I'm there. My unit actually sent me down to the Family Birth Center to work for the night! The last time I was there, I was a patient delivering William (o: It was neat to be back with the perspective of a laboring woman...and to hold all those TINY babies (was mine really that small?!). Had a lot of fun, was totally exhausted when the night was through, and was very happy to see my baby's face when I was done.
*Curtis actually brought William in for a visit...at midnight (that's when the night starts to calm down at work)! William got to say hi to everyone. Of course the other nurses loved it (as did mom!). Curtis, I love you!

Comments

That's awesome that you only have to work 2 nights/month. I wish that was the case at my hospital, but they require 4 shifts/month. Bummer!! I still don't feel the Lord leading me to go back to work yet, even though I want to and would have child care. I must follow Him!!

Popular posts from this blog

Jan. 25th, 2010 Not long before he'll be running!

March 25th, 2009 First SMILE! 1 month, 2 weeks, 4 days

A Bountiful Harvest