Confident on two wheels!

We decided to spend some family time outside on a bike ride.  Except this time, Curtis packed William's two wheeled bike and no other option of a ride but that one (o;  We both knew he could have rode his bike months ago, possibly even a year ago.  But, sometimes it's just a lack of confidence (and a little fear) that gets in the way.  He didn't know until we showed up at the bike trail.  At that point, he knew he either had to learn or he wouldn't get to join the fun.  Cruel parents?  Maybe!  Like I said, we knew William could do it.  He just needed to prove it to himself.

And he did.
Without even ending up with one scraped knee.

I just love this pic...

Here he is.  Starting off on the curb...Anyone else remember doing that as a kid?
It didn't take long before he told me, "Don't worry Mom, I'm gonna go ahead.  I can do it!"
Letting go...It's only just begun.
Here's Calvin and I on my bike with the Ally Cat behind.  He wasn't having ANY fun.  While William was learning, we rode around...for eight miles.
All in all, it was a great day.  It was SO fun to see William's confidence sky rocket when he realized that he actually could ride a bike.  Now, he tells me, it's all he wants to do.  Way to go Dad-The idea to just bring his two wheel bike along on our trip was a great idea!  
He looks pretty good under a helmet, I must say (o;
Here's to many more bike rides...Next up, Champoeg!?  (Bring back memories Dad?!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jan. 25th, 2010 Not long before he'll be running!

March 25th, 2009 First SMILE! 1 month, 2 weeks, 4 days

A Bountiful Harvest