Annual Tulip Fest with Friends

Every year, we look forward to having all of our "Portland" friends over to celebrate the Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival.  I say "Portland" friends, because hardly any of us live in Portland anymore even though that's where most of us met and became lifelong friends.  I should say all of our Washington friends because it's where the majority of them live now.  Kinda funny how life takes us in all directions.

Honestly, Spring wouldn't be the same for me without this event.  I believe this year marks our 6th Annual Spring get together and we always have a blast.  Doesn't matter if it pours down rain (like it did last year) or is 90 degrees.  It's the friendships that make it special.

This year we were fortunate to have AWESOME weather!  It was near 80 degrees!  Can't ask for a better April day in Oregon.

Here are a few pictured highlights from our day:
We had close to 40 people out today.
Good food & good people-love it.

One of the kids highlights...riding in the trailer hooked to the
four wheeler through the orchard to the tulips (o;
What a gaggle of kids...I remember when none of us had any...Look at 'em now!

These two...I remember how much we prayed for Miss Avalyn and Adalee before they were born.
What a a gift from God they've been for their Mom and Dad.
I can't believe they're four already!

I need more of these pics...Just me and William (o;

Boys...They have fun wherever they're at.  

Love these two!  

Because it was nice and warm, none of the kids lasted long at the tulips.
I think they were more so just wanting another ride (o;

I love it that my Great Uncle Tom comes to our events.
Such a great man to call family

And it wouldn't be a visit from the Bunny Man without one on your hand!

He looks so serious!  He's contemplating whether or not he's liking the
idea that he's getting a new baby brother in less than two months.

We never do anything fancy.  When you're around friends, you don't have to do much to  have fun (o;
I think these two played in the sandbox for a few hours.
I love our times together and am already looking forward to our BBQ in August when we'll see them all again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jan. 25th, 2010 Not long before he'll be running!

March 25th, 2009 First SMILE! 1 month, 2 weeks, 4 days

Oct. 6th, 2008 We're having a... 20 weeks 5 days