Remembering Dawson & Devin...

I know I've spoken with some of you about the tragic accident of a family in our church.  Coming up on the 22nd of this month will mark the 2nd year anniversary of Dawson and Devin's death.  They were both instantly killed in a car accident and now reside together as brothers in Heaven.  There isn't any parent who can ever imagine what it would feel like.  Lenny and Teresa Hunt lost not just one, but both of their boys that day.  In an effort to bring joy to some of the most difficult times of the year, over thirty of the lady's at our church brought gifts to Teresa every day through Christmas and up until the day of the accident.  I took today...

Here's the letter I included with my gift.  I found out later it brought tears.  But hopefully, it meant as much to her as her boys have to me...

Teresa-

I don't even think I've ever officially met you, but I wanted to be sure and send you something to help brighten your day. The heartache you've endured since your boys went to Heaven is something I can hardly even imagine (as a mom of two boys myself). I keep the picture of your boys from their memorial service on my fridge and have no plans of taking it off anytime soon. Everytime I see it, I think to pray for you. My 4 yr old William sees the picture and asks about Dawson and Devin. I explain to them why their picture is on our fridge and how that one day he will get to meet them in Heaven. I told him that your boys loved legos, just like he does. And then I told him that we were going to send their Mommy a little gift to make her smile. I asked him what we should get you and he replied "Some legos Mom!"...I figured it was pretty fitting. So while at the store, I let him pick out two mystery minifigures all by himself. When home, we opened and put them together, just the two of us, while we talked about your boys, about Heaven and about what it means to give to others. Your boys live on in the lives of mine. And although it can't bring them back, I want you to know that I appreciate what they've taught me to remember each day...To hold my boys (William and Calvin-14months) close, but to always remember that they are simply a gift on loan to me from God.

Thank you for your strength amidst the pain Teresa.

I pray for abundant blessings in your life because of it!
Melissa Gant

This is the picture she posted to Facebook on the day she received it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jan. 25th, 2010 Not long before he'll be running!

March 25th, 2009 First SMILE! 1 month, 2 weeks, 4 days

A Bountiful Harvest