Growing up...

Sometimes I feel as though the days just pass by like a whirlwind around me.  And along with that whirlwind and flurry of activity, my boys grow a little taller, a little smarter and a whole lot cuter with hardly a thought.  This post is a hopeful catch of some of those moments gone by...

Since Calvin turned one, he's becoming quite proficient with his signs.  He now knows "more", "thank you" (which he adds a little "too" sound with occasionally), "all done", and (every once in awhile), "please". 
Here the boys are watching Baby Signing Time from our computer in the kitchen as they eat their breakfast.  William will constantly turn to Calvin and say "See brother!  That's how you sign.____(whatever it is)!" (pretty cute).

Calvin's also learned that the fireplace (which we use as our primary source of heat) is very "hot" (a very important one to learn!)...


And although he hasn't yet shown us many of the signs we've been teaching him, I'm sure he's got an incredible wealth of knowledge in that tiny head of his that will all spill out eventually!


He also has a few favorite games he plays...Like, "take them out, put them back in"!


He also loves it when Big Brother chases him.  His little legs can't keep up with how quick William is, but the anticipatory laugh he has when William gets close is absolutely heartwarming (and William's pretty fond of it too).  Here they are running around a baggage terminal at the airport while we waited for Grandma Marsha to pick us up...
He loves it when I put him on the top bunk (supervised of course!) and let him and William throw things off the top (o;  He's even figured out how to climb the stairs...(I'm almost hesitated posting this one, but...)

He's pretty fond of eating...

and loves to get into things he's not supposed to (like dvd cases he pulls apart to get the dvd out, unplugging the vaccuum, pulling all the toilet paper off the roll, climbing onto the dishwasher door while it's open...).  He's growing in his love of books and actually loves just flipping through the pages of chp books.  You should hear him giggle and laugh when I pick him up and twirl him around the room to the music that William has turned up really loud and is playing his guitar too (o;  He loves to clap when he sees someone else doing so and will usually always wave "bye bye".  Ahhh, such good memories...

His latest and greatest though, has been his walking...Here he is back in November, just shortly after he turned one:
And then, here he is makin' strides while down at Gma and Gpa in California's house for Christmas:



And then there's my big boy William...
What a sweet and precious boy he is (well, unless he's tired-but even in those moments, he's still cute to me!).  He will be four before we know it and I can hardly believe it's gone as fast as it has.  He has proven to be such a tenderhearted young boy, who's definitely in touch with his heart and those around him.  He amazes me at the things he'll remember after a long period of time has passed.  His mind is literally like a sponge-so much is being soaked into it at his age.

He loves music. Wait, I said that wrong: He LOVES music! 
For quite some time now, he'll ask us to get out the guitar (or "'tar" as he calls it) so that he can strum it.  He sits down and jams to his own tune all the time.  The other day he pulled out a wooden pizza tool of mine and started playing it like a guitar.  I figured since I hardly used it, that he could help me draw lines on it to make it a "real guitar".  We looked up pictures online and after I drew the strings and opening, he colored in the rest.  I was then instructed (by him of coures) that I had to write: "William and Calvin's guitar" on the back.  He told me that Calvin had to be included so that he could play it too if he wanted.  We'll see how the sharing goes when all Calvin wants to do is just chew on the end (o;
Here he is "playing his 'tar"...(notice how he's holding it...he tells me this is the "right" way to hold the guitar and play).

Here's William "jamming" on the big guitar:


William''s a typical boy that loves activity.  He is always asking people to chase him and constantly wants to play ball in the house (what's he to do during the winter!?). 
He told me the other day, "Mom, my best friend is Calvin.  I just love him."  (I believe my heart melted into a puddle on the floor at this point...). 
What a sweet boy and a great big brother.  Life just wouldn't be the same without him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jan. 25th, 2010 Not long before he'll be running!

A Bountiful Harvest

March 25th, 2009 First SMILE! 1 month, 2 weeks, 4 days