February 7th, 2011 Happy 2nd Birthday William!

He's at a stage in his life where everything (I mean everything!) is about tractors. So it seemed quite fitting that I try and pull off a John Deere themed party. He only got a little upset when I used one of the tractors that he plays with for the top of his cake (after putting the tractor through the dishwasher, don't worry!). He wasn't too fond of mom's creative idea.

(I realized halfway through cutting it that I hadn't taken a picture of it yet. So here you go, a half cut picture of the big boy's ice cream cake.) We got to skype with Grandma and Grandpa, Aunt Mel and Uncle Maurice while we sang happy birthday and blew out the candle. One way to bring the far away family to the party!

It's tough to know how a 2 year old is going to react to a birthday party, but I think he had fun. If he didn't, I know I did! I only wish I could have invited all of you, but if you know the size of our house (even after our remodel) we're a little limited on space.

Auntie Lori getting him all psyched up for the party! It took a little convincing.


This was the first gift he opened. He pointed at it, hunched his shoulders in excitement and said "Trektr!" Thanks for the tractor book Great Aunt Lisa!


He didn't know what to think of the pinata. At first I thought he might get upset when all the other boys started whacking on it! He was a little timid and needed some coaching from Aunt Lori. His cousins on the other hand...they went all out!


A Family pic



Here he is after the party and a nap...Runnin' around with no pants and LOVIN' his new toys!


All in all, a very fun day. I still can hardly believe my little William is 2. I was just talking to a friend who's son turned 21 today...I'm sure it will seem like the blink of an eye when we're celebrating William's 21st, thinking back to today. For now, I'll just enjoy all the days inbetween.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jan. 25th, 2010 Not long before he'll be running!

March 25th, 2009 First SMILE! 1 month, 2 weeks, 4 days

Oct. 6th, 2008 We're having a... 20 weeks 5 days