March 21st, 2010 A bedtime prayer

To William-
Mom's been transitioning you to a bottle recently. As I fed you some milk tonight, your eyes slowly closed as they drifted off to sleep. I had a moment that I hope never to forget (and the reason I'm writing it here). As I looked at your peacefully sleeping face, I realized how much you've grown over this last year; how much you've changed from a tiny 6lb baby into a little boy. It made me sad and happy all at the same time. I was saddened at how quickly time has passed; how moments go by that we'll never be able to live again. You'll never be that tiny infant in my arms ever again. I was overwhelmed with joy as I thought of how much life you have ahaed of you and how thankful I am that I get to travel this journey with you. I love watching you learn, and there are so many things I want to teach you! All the while, surrounding you with the love of the Lord; a love that will never leave you no matter how many people come and go in your life. You will continue to grow from a boy into a man and your daddy and I will be right here by your side as you do....I could look at your sleeping face for such a long time and never tire of it. Thank you Lord for the joy of being a mommy. I look forward to how You'll change both of our lives as we grow together.
I love you son.

(And even though a picture could never do justice, I snuck the camera out and took a picture of the sweet little face I was looking at)

Comments

Tauna Pile said…
Balonds, you're the best mommy ever. Someday, I hope to be a mom just like you and our mom. It's so obvious how much you adore him. I love you Balonds.

Popular posts from this blog

Jan. 25th, 2010 Not long before he'll be running!

March 25th, 2009 First SMILE! 1 month, 2 weeks, 4 days

A Bountiful Harvest