William's P2P GetAway

 Curtis took time away with William overnight in Sandpoint.  We rented a tiny home (William's always wanted to stay in one) and Curtis studied up on the Passport to Purity material through Family Life.

I am so thankful for a husband who recognizes the importance of being the one who speaks into his boy's lives about the incredible way God has created our bodies, how they change as we grow and all the other birds and bees topics (o;  So many kids now days are learning things from their phones and/or other friends which has the opportunity to change the course of their lives.  The legacy Mom and Dad left me as a young girl and the importance they put on purity at a young age was priceless and our prayer is that that same legacy is passed down to William and Calvin.  

The getaway was special for both of them and it warms my heart they share the relationship they do.  My prayer is that their open communication about life and it's challenges continues on into adulthood.  I pray for William's future wife and the opportunity she has to learn purity in the same way.  I know God has a plan and it's always perfect...It'll be fun to watch it unfold.  

My hope is that next year, when William is 13, to start taking him on occasional dates just the two of us to provide the opportunity regarding any questions related to girls and my experience as one (o;  Not that I think I'll get a lot from my boys, but at least they'll know I care enough to open up.  










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jan. 25th, 2010 Not long before he'll be running!

March 25th, 2009 First SMILE! 1 month, 2 weeks, 4 days

A Bountiful Harvest