Coloring Calvin

If making a decoupage wallpaper out of your kids coloring papers was a thing, I think we would have been supplied enough from Calvin over the past year or so to do all rooms in our house...and then some.  This kid started putting pencils and color on paper a few years and I honestly thought he'd have grown out of it by now; or at least lost some of his interest.  Not the case.  I remember William being really into coloring for awhile but I feel like it didn't last as long as Calvin has.

It's been fun watching his pictures change and they even include letters and words now that he's started reading.  The hard part?  Trying to sneak some of them into the recycle bin after we've enjoyed them for a bit.  If he finds them he's devastated that we threw away his masterpieces!  And yet, we'd be floating in paper if we'd kept them all (o;

I still probably keep far too many.  My favorites are when he cuts his pictures out with scissors so they're tiny and then he makes an envelope and puts them all in it and hands it to me like I've gotten mail.  Those are the ones I can easily tape into my journal for keep sakes.  They're always good for a smile when I open my journal to write.

I know one day the pencils, markers and crayons won't come out as often, so I'll cherish for now.  I think we've got enough craft items to last him at least a few more years...You're welcome Crayola!

The tongue...always pushing against his cheek or sticking out of his mouth as he concentrates and colors (o;
He colored these just today after school. The top one is for his teacher Mrs. Vey and the bottom one has Mrs. Starkey's name on it.  He's always thinking of someone he can color and give a picture to.
I think the kindergarten room already has a handful of his creations hanging up!
Our coloring Calvin!











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jan. 25th, 2010 Not long before he'll be running!

March 25th, 2009 First SMILE! 1 month, 2 weeks, 4 days

A Bountiful Harvest