The Playground of Nature

W:  "Mom, I really need to borrow your clothes basket!"
M: "What are you going to do with it?"
W: "Make a bird trap."
M: "Well, ok.  Just remember to put it back when you're done and make sure it's not all covered in dirt the next time I need to do laundry."

Hours later, I came upon this...



The boys had rigged up a bird trap complete with some wood with sap on it to attract bugs for the bird to eat as well as some rotten strawberries in case the bird wanted those too.  They had worked so hard together on this and were now patiently waiting for a bird to come close.

I love their imaginations.
I love their optimism.
I love their brotherhood.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jan. 25th, 2010 Not long before he'll be running!

March 25th, 2009 First SMILE! 1 month, 2 weeks, 4 days

A Bountiful Harvest