My first sleepover!

Curtis was going to be gone for a three day stretch at work.  If I don't keep myself busy with the boys, I start to go nuts (o;  William's never had one of his friends over to spend the night and I thought it might be fun for him (and his buddy) to try it out.  Of course, it's more of a leap of faith on my part, the whole "trying it out" thing.  Of course, when you've never done something before, there's many "unknowns".  But, I was game.  And so were Neal and Emily.

Having just welcomed their newest addition to the family, baby Reese, I thought it might be neat for big brother Gavin to get to do something fun all by himself.  I didn't dare break the news to William until shortly before the plan took fruition...Just as I had anticipated-lots of excitement from my little man.  He was going to have his "best friend over for a whole night Mom!?"
The boys, before we left Gavin's house (o;  We need a do-over of this photo in about ten years.

I think what I loved the most (apart from how much fun the boys had together), was how Gavin just kept saying over and over again, "I can't believe this is my first sleepover!".  Literally, he probably said it 50 times (o;  It was a fun first for both boys-Gavin getting to sleep over at a friends house and William getting to have a friend over for a night.  All of my worries...shouldn't have even given them a second thought.  They did great.
Calvin on the other hand woke up at 4am as I heard him saying, "Hello Gavin!" (Gavin was on a bed right next to his) like he was completely awake and ready to play!  I quickly put an end to that before all three were awake and ready to play WAY to early.  As it was, William and Gavin both rolled over and went right back to sleep.

Way too much fun was had...
Eating frozen chocolate banana popsicles
Being extra goofy together
Boxing match before bedtime
Does it look like they're sleepy here?!
 All three of them getting ready for bed...George included.
Thumbs up means they liked their breakfast?!  
Complete with a trip to a friend's farm where they were able experience some fresh hen eggs...You should have seen Calvin throwing them in the egg basket-he was SO excited (and only broke a few in the process )o;  )
I anticipate they'll be many more of these memorable occasions in our future (o;
Thanks Neal and Emily for letting Gav stay with us!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jan. 25th, 2010 Not long before he'll be running!

March 25th, 2009 First SMILE! 1 month, 2 weeks, 4 days

A Bountiful Harvest