SUPER...glue?!

If you've ever wondered where you should store the super glue in your household, might I suggest under lock and key...

I was getting the boys ready for their showers (which means shucking them completely naked) and of course, like usual, they take the opportunity to run around the house naked while laughing and doing everything but what they're supposed to be doing-getting in the shower.  Somehow Calvin made it into the office and I hadn't noticed that something was wrong until he came running towards me with the left side of his lip drooped down.

Let me remind you that I'm a nurse.  My immediate thought-he's had a stroke!?!?!?!?!  So, of course, I start freaking out a bit at this point.  Okay, now you at least understand the context of the situation.

After a brief moment, I then realize that not only is his lip drooping but every one of his fingers is stuck to one another...Then it clicks:  he found the super glue.  Ahhh!  WHAT TO DO!?!

More context:  Calvin's screaming and I'm not thinking completely rationally.  I tell William to go find the superglue bottle and throw it in the garbage.  Uh, hello Melissa...that would fall under the "dumb" category.  Now, not only do I have a toddler who's covered with glue (complete with multiple dribbles of glue from his chest all the way down to his toes-and yes, that includes the most tender parts of the male anatomy) but a 4 1/2 year old who's hands are are also stuck together (not to mention wherever else the glue has landed in the house during this whole process)!

How'd it end?  Both boys were thrown into the shower as I grabbed my phone (that still has super glue remnants on it) to google how to get super glue off of skin.  The conclusion was made that the best way is NOT to use finger nail polish remover like some sites recommended (luckily I tried this on myself first before pouring some on Calvin's delicate skin) and to simply scrub with soap and water to remove the major chunks while just letting the rest slowly wear off over time.  It only took a few days before everything wasn't stuck together and was back to normal (o;

As always, coulda been worse.  If he'd a rubbed his eyes (like he does when he's tired and definitely was at that time of night), I'd hate to think of what might have happened.  At least I can now look back and chuckle about the whole incident (o;

Now seriously-go hide your super glue.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jan. 25th, 2010 Not long before he'll be running!

March 25th, 2009 First SMILE! 1 month, 2 weeks, 4 days

A Bountiful Harvest