Remembering Great Great Grandma...

I don't think there are many who can say they have not just one, but two of their Great Grandma's still living...I was one of those lucky ones until just a few days ago.  My Mom's Grandma, Evelyn Clement, turned 95 earlier this year and went home to be with the Lord (and Great Grandpa Ralph) on Dec. 2nd.  What a sweet and precious woman she was...One who loved Jesus with all her heart and I'm sure was welcomed with a great big bear hug when she walked through those pearly gates (o;

I don't have many memories of her growing up, but the few that I do I will cherish.  When I was younger I have fond memories of heading up the mountain during apple harvest to make cider from their old wooden press.  I'm sure Mom's got some pictures of us girls helping crank, putting apples in the hopper and doing what we weren't supposed to-put our mouths at the end of the spout to catch the fresh juice before it hit the bottle (o;  Good times...

I also remember watching Great Grandma, as we drove away, standing in the driveway with her arm held high as she signed (and waved) "I love you".  She truly was a precious gem.  And it even shown in her last days.  I heard stories of the last hours of her life when she wasn't speaking much clearly.  When her words were lucid and clear, she spoke one thing- the name Jesus.  What a blessing to our family to know that she was right by his side until the very end.  A definite legacy she left...

Here's a picture of her in her younger years... She lived through World WarI and II.


Rummaging through a couple years of pictures, I found a five generation pic when William was three months old:
And here's one during Thanksgiving 2011 when Calvin was just a few weeks old.  The first time Great Grandma met him:

And the most recent pics I have with Great Grandma were when my parents were here for a visit in Sept.  This was just shy of three months before her passing:
And my most favorite picture (taken in Sept)...A Mama and her son (my Grandpa: Mike)
My Mom's entire family (including all seven siblings) were here for the Memorial.  And I had the privilege of having everyone over to my house for one of the afternoons.  Loved every minute of it.  Not sure when it'll happen again (if ever!), but I wish we could host a get together every year. 
Definitely a Celebration of Life...Heaven welcomed in one more Angel!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jan. 25th, 2010 Not long before he'll be running!

March 25th, 2009 First SMILE! 1 month, 2 weeks, 4 days

A Bountiful Harvest