Nov. 9th, 2011 First time brotherly love...

What a blessed 30th birthday this is for me. I get to share it with all three of my boys together...Curtis, William AND Calvin. We held off on William meeting Calvin the day he was born due to a puking episode William decided to have at Grandma's house after we made it to the hospital in labor...Turns out, it was likely just his nerves, but we had to be cautious. He was running around like his normal self later that day and so he got to come meet his new baby brother along with the rest of his cousins.

He wasn't too sure at first. The video we took is a little long to upload to blogger, but he clung to Curtis as he approached me and Calvin for the first time. He didn't say much and just kept asking Curtis to hold him (of which he was). Then Calvin started crying and William clung to Curtis even tighter. We got some family pics sitting on the hospital bed and I had Dad take Calvin while I held William...You can see how he's still unsure of the whole thing. He nervously reached for Curtis the whole time we were sitting there...

*notice the "Big Brother" & "Little Brother" shirts (although you can't really ready Calvin's until later) (o;




Here I think he's even pinching Curtis' forehead!


My precious family...


Here they are (minus Curtis' brother Cory who was working and couldn't be there): All the Gant boys. Between Curtis and his brother, Calvin makes up the 5th Gant cousin (o: No pink for this family!


And they're ALL boy!...(don't worry, Calvin isn't amidst this bunch...yet)


Once the cousins left and it was just William, Calvin and I sitting on the couch, he started to get interested in this new little being we were calling his baby brother. He started touching his fingers and pointing out that he had toes. He was warming up to the idea...





I just sat there with both my boys in awe. I had "children"...God has given me two sons and I am so very grateful that I can am their Mommy. Never did I imagine I'd be this blessed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jan. 25th, 2010 Not long before he'll be running!

March 25th, 2009 First SMILE! 1 month, 2 weeks, 4 days

Oct. 6th, 2008 We're having a... 20 weeks 5 days